By Go-to-Girl, Brittany McCaughan
1. Paul Mitchell Volumizing spray- The perfect way to achieve sky high volume even with winters trying winds. The light spray, especially when paired with a blow dryer, will help keep your roots boosted.
2. L’Oreal color riche moisture balm- A great option for those who are lip-gloss lovers but are craving a little more color with a much better staying power. The color “Caramel Comfort” gives your lips a sensual tinted coco color perfect for pairing with winter white sweaters.
3. Caress body wash- When it comes to hydration, you have to start in the shower. I love the Caress body wash line because it is not only affordable, but it’s customizable for various skin concerns and available in so many tantalizing scents. My MUST HAVE is Caress Shear Twilight body wash. I love the perfect mix of black orchid and juniper oil that leaves my skin feeling noticeably softer.
4. Clairol Natural Instincts Shine Happy Clear Shine Treatment- This is a great option for anyone; whether you have color treated hair or just desire more shine, this at home kit appears similar to a home hair color kit. However, instead of applying color to the hair, it’s actually applying a clear coat conditioner with light reflecting properties to give lackluster hair back the shine it needs.
5. V05 Hot Oil Treatment Intense Conditioning Treatment- Winter can wreak havoc on healthy hair strands causing breakage and spilt ends. This hot oil treatment has been around FOREVER and is an oldie but a goodie. Apply it at night after washing your hair when your hair cuticle is open and readily able to absorb more hydration.
6. Principessa Beauty dry shampoo- Contrary to how it sounds, dry shampoo is not meant to be used in place of actual shampoo. It’s is great for touching up roots that tend to be oily and for adding more volume and a refreshing fragrance throughout the day. I love this brand because the scent is light, and it’s available in many wonderful hair shades.
7. DIORSHOW Mascara- I have always been a huge fan of the makeup at the DIOR Shows—specifically the eye makeup with their gorgeous thick lashes. It’s a little known fact that the makeup artists backstage use toothbrushes on the models lashes to get that ultra-full look. And now, we can recreate that look at home with DIORSHOW mascara.
8. Lancôme Teint IDOLE Ultra 24hr wear- Although you may not wear your foundation for 24 hours straight, knowing that you can with this product lets you know this foundation takes its job seriously. With a creamy feel that dries quickly, the foundation also leaves your skin feeling hydrated and smooth. It’s considered a medium coverage, so if you have freckles or dark spots you want to cover, I would layer a concealer over this foundation.
9. OPI Vintage Minnie Mouse nail Shades- Disney anything has always held a special place in my heart since I grew up right next to Disneyland as a child. So whenever I get the chance to incorporate a touch of Disney with fashion, I’m all about it. These OPI shades go perfectly with this seasons color palette. My favorite is the pink shade, ‘The color of Minnie.’
10. Champney’s Exotic Retreat Body Scrub- In one word—LUXURIOUS. Infused with brown sugar, cocoa butter and actual Bora Bora sand, this whipped body scrub will leave your skin feeling soft and smelling equally delicious.
11. Jane Iredale BB cream- The newest buzz word in the skincare market today is the BB cream, which means most boast they take the place of your serum, moisturizer, primer, foundation and sunblock. Several brands have their own versions, but my pick is by Jane Iredale. It’s all natural and feels great.
12. A Signature Sexy Winter Scent- My new favorite? L’Instant de Guerlain- a winter worthy combo of sandalwood, honey and vanilla. A Perfect finishing touch for any occasion.